Shop JellybeanCompany

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Gave Birth to Girl, but Shop in the Little Boys Dept.

Would you believe that I wanted to have a boy first before having a girl? Maybe that's why I always find myself in the little boys section...plus, I think i have a little rugged flare about me...whatever that is. I just made that up, but it sounds cool.

Well, though I have a baby girl, I still always finagle my way to the little boys section. I really like the infant boy prints and the fact that they have clothes with collars. I don't know why, but a lot of girl clothes don't have collars. Give me a collar. Give me some army fatigue stuff. I digress.  Okay, so last week I got this stripped one piece from the boys section (it has a collar) and it had a like a little car on the pocket. I thought I am going to transform this piece into a little girlie number.


In my creative mind, I thought, I'm going to make my little one a flower brooch so that I can cover that little blue car. So I did. I picked the color yellow to make a fabric flower and added a hand rolled rose with netting (the netting gave it a little rugged flare).






 Okay so now that the flower brooch was done. We needed some hair candy to tie it all in. I was indecisive at first,  as to whether I should make a fabric flower headband too..then I thought that would be overkill. So I decided to highlight the green roses! I call it the Sublime Sunshine headband:) By the way you can order this set or your own a custom color set from my etsy shop, (JellybeanCompany)

Voila finito! Royal wore this outfit to church on Sunday:)  Here are a couple of pictures from Sunday with her wearing the entire ensemble. Now would you have guessed that I got this from the boy's section ha ha! I think we succeeded in "making our jellybean pop!"










1 comment: